Monday, September 15, 2008

New Baby!


Baby Elijah Koens
7 lbs 2 oz
20 inch.
8:20 pm

September 14th 2008

The newest addition to the Rowlett Family is here! He is just so cute too! Luckily we called Jenny to see where Lauara was yesterday. Tanner and Brooklyn had made cupcakes to bring to her for her birthday and we couldn't get a hold of her all day. Finally we figured we'd call Jen and see if she knew where she was. Wouldn't you know.... She was in LABOR!! Well I drove up to the Hospital in such a panic of excitment, calling everyone I could think of to tell, that I took the wrong exit(s) and was suddenly driving to Park City. Then I get a call from Debbie saying, "She's going to start pushing! She's already to a 10 and she's going to start pushing! Get up there!!"


When I finally pulled into the hospital parking garage (which I also couldn't find), I ran the whole way there. Sure enough, as soon as I walked into the room the Dr. was getting her preped to push and telling her what she needed to do. I got to say Hi really quick and wish her luck.

Then the waitting game started!!

Ok.. after an hour of sitting I was beginnning to wonder what was going on. Tony had said he'd come out to get me as soon as the baby came. So I figured I'd be the nosy Amber that I am and decided to go back and get the scoop from the nurses. The nurse told me to go on back and Laura would explain what was going on. What was going on? What did that mean? I walked in to the room and there was Laura, no belly, and no Tony. "What's going on Laura?" I asked. Laura said, "well we had the baby abut 20 minutes ago, and he was having a hard time breathing, so the rushed him to the nursery. Tony is with him to see what is going on." We talked with the Nurse and she said he was just fine, they just wanted to be sure he got all the water out of his lungs so he could breath better on his own. I sat with Laura for a little bit so she wasn't left all alone jittering like a jackhammer after the drugs wore off. Then she said, "Hummm... I haven't heard from Tony. I wonder how the baby is doing?" So I went down to the Nursery to see how he was. Tony was beaming in the nursery! He looked like such a proud dad! He was WONDERFUL! Just the cutest thing I've ever see! So super soft and perfect little cute fingers, toes and nose. He is just so cute! I'm already in Love with my new little nephew!








0 comments: