Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Catastrophe!!

Well yesterday while I was working, Mike and this kids had a catastrophe! Brooklyn had woke up from a nap grumpy. Tanner, being the nice brother he is, decided he'd try to cheer her up. He got out his frog so she could play with him. I guess while the frog was out, Tanner decided he'd give him a tour of the house. He showed him the back porch, gave him a bath in the sink, had him sit at the desk and watch Tanner play a video game. Then he decided the frog would like to watch TV with him. I guess he sat him down on the couch and forgot he was there. When Mike asked him where the frog was, he realized HE WAS MISSING!!!

Mike and the kids tore the house apart looking for the frog, but couldn't find him. I was prepared to find a dead frog underneath our stove in a few weeks and to deal with a distraught Tanner. Luckily when I walked through the door Tanner was waiting for me with a beaming smile and his frog. My house really was a mess from their searching. Every cushion on the couch was off, the book shelves and desk were all moved, nothing was where it should be. The funny thing was, after all of their tearing apart of the house, the frog was hiding under the corner of the rug right next to the couch. I guess he hadn't gotten very far after all!!

Tanner, Frog, and Brooklyn are all much happier today. I guess we'll see what adventures lie in our path next!!

1 comments:

Alisha said...

Sounds like it was a good thing you were not home when the frog was missing. Sorry about the mess!